Couple of potentially big items for the offensive line to pass along…
First, the Steelers and first-round pick (No. 18 overall) Maurkice Pouncey have reportedly agreed to terms on a five-year contract, which means all will be present and accounted for on the opening day of camp. Glory be!
The other big story of the day is that new addition Flozell Adams will occupy the right tackle position, with Max Starks remaining on the left side.
Starks apparently volunteered to slide over to the right spot so Adams could play on the left side, but the coaching staff decided against it. That seems to be the smart — and obvious — move, seeing as how Starks is a better left tackle than Adams at this point in their careers.
If all goes according to plan, your starting offensive line should look something like this:
Max Starks – Chris Kemoeatu – Justin Hartwig – Maurkice Pouncey – Flozell Adams.
- Steelers Try To Fix Tackle Hole, Sign Flozell Adams
- Maurkice Pouncey Might Have Accepted $100K From Agent While Still at Florida
- Pouncey: ‘I Did Not Accept $100K’; Calls It ‘Absolutely Ridiculous Claim’
- Chester Pitts Signing Would Be A Signal
- Training Camp Preview and Roster Projections: Offensive Line (Updated)