Ted Kian, one of my fellow Lounge Bloggers, and I talk Steeler football a lot. We talk about the Steelers as much in April and July as we do in September and December, and we’ve been discussing and arguing about Steelers for more than 20 years now.
And there have been few players who I’ve ever heard Ted go nuts over more than Sean Morey. I was never the biggest Morey fan, but compared to Ted, I was Morey’s biggest backer. As Ted saw it, the Steelers didn’t have the roster room for the luxury of a special teams ace who couldn’t really play a position, and one that as he saw it wasn’t all that good on coverage units.
With all that being said, it’s worth noting that Morey has announced he’s retiring instead of heading to Seahawks’ training camp. It’s impressive that a receiver with a grand total of 18 NFL catches could put together a nine-year career and even make a Pro Bowl. And I will remember fondly anyone who was a member of the Steelers 2005 Super Bowl champs.
- Training Camp Preview and Roster Projections: Tight Ends
- Training Camp Preview and Roster Projections: Linebackers
- Maurkice Pouncey Might Have Accepted $100K From Agent While Still at Florida
- Pouncey: ‘I Did Not Accept $100K’; Calls It ‘Absolutely Ridiculous Claim’
- Training Camp Preview and Roster Projections: Quarterbacks