A quick daily look at what’s happening around Steelers Nation. And consider this your open thread for discussing the days events and, well, anything else that comes to mind about the Black and Gold.
– Semi-Steelers related, but not really. This is exhibit A as to why Ben Roethlisberger shouldn’t have been taking unnecessary snaps behind the second-team offensive line on Saturday night: Eli Manning getting crushed. [Me at FanHouse]
– Speaking of getting crushed, this is a play that probably would have been worth watching. Peter King at Steelers camp on Monday posted the following on Twitter: “Best play I’ve seen in 3 wks on camp trail today in Latrobe: Pit special-teamer James Harrison (yes, playing gunner) blows up punt return.” [Twitter]
– Maurkice Pouncey is getting snaps at center with the first team offense. It’s only a matter of time until he takes over the No. 1 job. [Steel City Insider]
– More calls for Dennis Dixon. [Behind The Steel Curtain]
– And for your random YouTube of the day: Steelers vs. Oilers action from the mid-90′s that includes: Chris Chandler getting sacked by Brenston Buckner, Andre Hastings returning a punt, Bill Cowher chewing out Jason Gildon and saying the words, “I love you, but…” and Kordell Stewart running the option. Oh yes.