A quick daily look at what’s happening around Steelers Nation. And consider this your open thread for discussing the days events and, well, anything else that comes to mind about the Black and Gold.
– Peter King’s Super Bowl prediction caught a few people off guard, so it got me thinking: who is going to be a surprise team in the NFL this year? And that, my friends, is your question of the day. Me? I’m going with the Philadelphia Eagles. They’re young, but they’ve got a ton of talent, especially on offense.
– Ron Cook is once again “shaming” somebody, this time Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin for mishandling the quarterback situation. [Post-Gazette]
– The Steelers confirmed that Ben Roethlisberger will be meeting with Roger Goodell on Friday. No comment from Mike Wise. [Post-Gazette]
– Speaking of Mike Wise, the Washington Post columnist has been suspended one month for using his Twitter account to make up news. The Washington Post ombudsman says he’s lucky he didn’t get fired. [Washington Post]
– And for your random YouTube of the day: The 1976 Steelers defense was a thing of beauty. So I’ve heard.