A quick daily look at what’s happening around Steelers Nation. And consider this your open thread for discussing the days events and, well, anything else that comes to mind about the Black and Gold.
– Nobody ever said Steelers football was pretty. Speaking of pretty football, did anybody happen to catch the madness that unfolded in Washington, D.C. last night? Dallas tries to run a play with four seconds left in the first half, fumbles the ball and watches as DeAngelo Hall returns it for a touchdown, then appears to score a touchdown on the final play of the game (to potentially win it, assuming the extra point was good) only to have it taken away because of a holding penalty on Alex Barron. Hey, I’m pretty sure he’ll be available on Monday!
– 1-0 never felt so good. [One For The Other Thumb]
– Rashard Mendenhall plays the superhero role for the Steelers. [Tribune-Review]
– Be sure to check out Ryan and JJ on the very first (of many!) Steelers Lounge Podcast. [Steelers Lounge]
– Hines Ward doesn’t do anything except make big plays, block the hell out of people and break records. [Behind The Steel Curtain]
And for your random YouTube of the day: Well, what else would it be?