A quick daily look at what’s happening around Steelers Nation. And consider this your open thread for discussing the days events and, well, anything else that comes to mind about the Black and Gold.
– In news that was expected, Byron Leftwich rejoined the Steelers on Monday. In news that wasn’t expected, Dennis Dixon is going to be out for quite some time which means it’s down to Byron, Charlie or … ha … Antwaan Randle El. So, who is it going to be in Tampa Bay on Sunday?
– More recaps from Sunday… The Steelers helped get in the way of Chris Johnson’s 2,500 yard pace. [DC Steeler Nation]
– Lucky Number Seven [One For The Other Thumb]
– Behind The Steel Curtain wraps up its countdown of the greatest non-Super Bowl wins in Steelers history. It’s not hard to figure out what this one is. [Behind The Steel Curtain]
– And for your random YouTube of the day: About eight years ago the Steelers realized that the song Renegade by Styx could get the Heinz Field crowd into a vocal frenzy, especially when accompanied by video of Steelers players delivering big hits. It’s become the team’s unofficial anthem, and here’s a video that somebody created.