A quick daily look at what’s happening around Steelers Nation. And consider this your open thread for discussing the days events and, well, anything else that comes to mind about the Black and Gold.
– So it appears that Charlie Batch is getting the start on Sunday. If it’s because Byron isn’t 100 percent ready to go, fine, whatever, that’s what you gotta do. But I just don’t see Batch as a better option if the two are both ready. Thoughts?
– The Ben Signal. [One For The Other Thumb]
– Skippy explains why he’s getting more distance on his kickoffs. Amazingly, it has nothing to do with the 150-degree temperatures. Speaking of heat, Casey Hampton welcomes it because, naturally, it allows his “quick-twitch muscles [to] function better.” [Tribune-Review]
– The secret to 3-0? Pickle Juice. Obviously. [Trib]
– James Harrison’s paycheck will be $5,000 lighter this week. [Post-Gazette]
– And for your random YouTube of the day: Rod Woodson was one fantastic kick/punt returner…