A quick daily look at what’s happening around Steelers Nation. And consider this your open thread for discussing the days events and, well, anything else that comes to mind about the Black and Gold.
– Santonio Holmes made his debut for the Jets on Monday night and made one or two plays, but that’s not the story, the story is that ESPN went to new levels in its love of Brett Favre. Never has a player looked so bad for so long and received so much praise for doing it. When he threw his 500th career touchdown pass, ESPN had a glitter graphic ready. After throwing a pick-six in the fourth quarter — after horribly overthrowing a wide open Percy Harvin on a pass that could have gone for 40 yards, if not a touchdown — ending Minnesota’s comeback effort, Ron Jaworski and Jon Gruden were raving about what a competitor he was and how awesome it was to see him throw a hail mary to the end zone on the final play of a nine-point loss. And the excuses. Oh, the excuses. It was almost as if they intentionally went over the top (even as far as Brett Favre love is concerned) to help build back up his reputation in the wake of the past weeks events. In short: This is why America hates Brett Favre.
– Five questions to ponder … [Behind The Steel Curtain]
– Non-Steeler news: The New England Patriots acquired Deion Branch from the Seattle Seahawks. Is David Givens far behind? [PFT]
– Craig Wolfley on Chuck Noll and ballroom dancing. [Craig Wolfley's Blog]
– And for your random YouTube of the day: Part 1 of the NFL Films episode on the most exciting day in playoff history…