A quick daily look at what’s happening around Steelers Nation. And consider this your open thread for discussing the days events and, well, anything else that comes to mind about the Black and Gold.
– The comments in Wednesday’s post on Emmanuel Sanders winning the AFC Special Teams Player Of The Week Award made me think: what is Limas Sweed’s future with the Steelers? As far as the veterans are concerned, every year we talk about how Hines Ward is getting older, but he keeps making plays and cracking smiles. Antwaan Randle El has been a big fat zero on punt returns, but I still think he can provide something in the passing game, but he’s not exactly a young guy at this point, either. And speaking of young guys … Mike Wallace has the look of a flat-out stud, while Sanders and Antonio Brown have shown plenty of promise and potential. Regardless Sweed, he’s still a recent second-round pick and it would be nice to get some production from that in the future.
– Meanwhile, back to the 2010 season, Doug Farrar at Football Outsiders takes a look at the Steelers upcoming opponent, the New Orleans Saints. [Football Outsiders]
– Ben has some advice for Ziggy Hood. [Steel City Insider]
– I know how much you guys enjoy Podcasts, so here’s the latest from Steel Curtain Radio. [Steel Curtain Radio]
– And for your random YouTube of the day: Hines Ward mic’d up.