A quick daily look at what’s happening around Steelers Nation. And consider this your open thread for discussing the days events and, well, anything else that comes to mind about the Black and Gold.
– Hey, it’s another Friday, so it’s time for your predictions for Sunday’s game. It’s a big one as the best record in the AFC is up for grabs. And it’s up for grabs, in part, because …
– The Ravens lost to Atlanta on Thursday night, and it turned out to be a great game. At least the fourth quarter, anyway. Baltimore was thoroughly dominated in the first half, running 17 plays to Atlanta’s 43 and trailed 10-0. They then came out in the second half and opened with a sack, a two-yard run, and then an interception. Eventually, the Falcons built a 20-7 lead in the fourth quarter before Baltimore scored a pair of touchdowns, including a go-ahead score with a minute to play. That possession for Baltimore was set up because the usually sure-handed Roddy White flat out dropped a third-down pass that would have kept a drive going. Matt Ryan then had one more chance, taking over on his own 20-yard line with a minute to play, and proceeded to move the Falcons down the field — aided by a pass interference call on a third down — and completed it with a 41-yard touchdown pass to White. The game ended when Baltimore attempted to run a Stanford band play, failing because two receivers ran into each other. So there’s that.
Also worth pointing out: The NFL Network’s announcing crew is perhaps the worst trio ever assembled.
– Here’s another reminder that you can win tickets for Tuesday’s little get-together at the North Shore Saloon in Pittsburgh. [Us]
– And here’s Steelers Lounge Podcast #16. [Us]
– Former college offensive lineman Ben Muth takes a look at the Steelers offensive line. [Football Outsiders]
– And for your random YouTube of the day: Continuing with the Steelers that were in the NFL Network’s Top 100: Terry Bradshaw.