A quick daily look at what’s happening around Steelers Nation. And consider this your open thread for discussing the days events and, well, anything else that comes to mind about the Black and Gold.
– I didn’t go to the game on Sunday, so there will be no View From 522 this week. I will say this, however. My dad and younger brother both commented on how loud and vocal the crowd was during that officiating display.
– Richard Seymour may have successfully done something a lot of people have wanted to do for a while now (punch Ben Roethlisberger in the face) but if he’s not suspended the league is an even bigger farce than I’ve given it credit for. If penalties like roughing the passer are getting $15,000 fines, I have to wonder what that will result in. He not only hit a QB late, he hit a QB in the head, and he did so by punching him. All three are no-no’s. Your move, Rog. [Me at FanHouse]
– Hey, here’s the latest Steelers Lounge podcast. [Us]
– Some quick reactions from the win. [Behind The Steel Curtain]
– Meet Tony Corrente. Note: It’s pointed out that Corrente lives near Oakland, and before you jump on that conspiracy train, keep in mind an official that is from the Pittsburgh area had similar things pointed out about him following the Miami game. I don’t think the officials on Sunday were doing anything to “fix” the game, I simply think they were incompetent at their job. As do a few other NFL writers, including Sports Illustrated‘s Peter King. [Mondesi's House]
– And another recap … [One For The Other Thumb]
– And for your random YouTube of the day: I’ve used this one before, but it just seems worth it again…