A quick daily look at what’s happening around Steelers Nation. And consider this your open thread for discussing the days events and, well, anything else that comes to mind about the Black and Gold.
– NFL Network showed a replay of last year’s Steelers-Packers game on Monday night, and in case you forgot, that game was complete madness. Over 70 points, nearly 1,000 yards of offense, no turnovers, Mike Tomlin kicking an onside kick in the fourth quarter with the lead, Mike Wallace scoring the game-winning touchdown as time expires. One thing I’ll point out: This year’s Steelers team is significantly better and deeper. How much so? During last year’s game Tyler Grisham, Tyrone Carter and Joe Burnett were seeing playing time. Tyler Grisham.
– We already knew the Black Eyed Peas were doing the Super Bowl halftime show, and now we know who is singing the National Anthem: Pittsburgh’s own Christina Aguilera. Well isn’t that something. Christina Aguilera and Fergie in the same place at the same time? The chances for a “wardrobe malfunction” are through the damn roof. [ESPN]
– Five long thoughts on the AFC Championship Game. [Mondesi's House]
– A statistical look at the Steelers defense. [Behind The Steel Curtain]
– Last week Peter King wrote that Rashard Mendenhall is not a big-time back. You knew after that performance on Sunday that King would hear about it. [One For The Other Thumb]
– And for your random YouTube of the day: Mike Wallace game-winning touchdown catch against the Green Bay Packers…