A quick daily look at what’s happening around Steelers Nation. And consider this your open thread for discussing the days events and, well, anything else that comes to mind about the Black and Gold.
– Just in case you missed it: by thumping the Browns, the Steelers win the AFC North, get a first-round bye, and don’t play again until Saturday, January 15.
– AFC North Champions. Steelers 41, Browns 9. [Three Rivers Burgh Blog]
– “After allowing the Cleveland Browns to rush for 43 yards on 17 carries in Sunday’s 41-9 victory, the Steelers set a franchise record for allowing the fewest yards rushing in a season (1,004) and fewest yards per game (62.8).” [Post-Gazette]
– The teams the Steelers will face in 2011 are now set: On the road: San Francisco, Arizona, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Houston and the three AFC North opponents. At home: Tennessee, Seattle, St. Louis, Jacksonville, New England and their three division opponents. [Post-Gazette]
– ESPN’s AFC North dude, James Walker, writes that the Steelers “Are well positioned for a Super Bowl run.” [ESPN]
– We went on for more than an hour with our final regular season podcast. [Steelers Lounge]
– Random Tubes: Found this on the PPG’s Blog ‘n Gold: the Renegade lip dub video, courtesy of Chartiers Valley High School Class of 2011: