Because we value you, Steelers Lounge patron, a very special treat: ESPN analyst and former Steelers running back Merril Hoge stopped by the podcast to talk … Ravens-Steelers. It’s less than 15 minutes, but every second is action-packed.
Merril says the offensive line has improved (seriously), thinks that the Ravens will struggle to stop Mike Wallace even though they’ll game plan against him, and that Rashard Mendenhall can actually run against Baltimore’s defense. And that’s just the first few minutes.
We also talk about Troy, and if things work out this weekend, how, exactly, the Steelers can slow down the Patriots*. And, of course, who Merril likes in this matchup. Conversationalizing starts below…
* Yes, I know, it’s presumptuous to look ahead, but since I won’t be talking to Merril next week, I figured I might as well ask him now. Certainly, the Karma Gods will take that into consideration.
** Merril also spoke about Procter & Gamble’s “Take it to the House” program, and you can check out their Facebook page here.
- Steelers Lounge Podcast #30: Ravens-Steelers Preview — Chad Scott
- Steelers Lounge Podcast #7: Ravens-Steelers Recap
- Steelers Lounge Podcast #21: Steelers-Ravens Preview — Tony Dungy
- Steelers Lounge Podcast #22: Steelers-Ravens Recap — John L. Williams
- Steelers Lounge Podcast #6: Ravens-Steelers Preview