A quick daily look at what’s happening around Steelers Nation. And consider this your open thread for discussing the days events and, well, anything else that comes to mind about the Black and Gold.
– As is the Friday custom around here: let’s hear your predictions for Sunday. Super. Bowl.
– NON-FOOTBALL! OK, this is too good not to comment on, but as I’m writing this I’m watching Mega Python vs. Gatoroid on SyFy. It stars 80′s teen stars Debbie Gibson and Tiffany, and is similar to their other movie, Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus. Only, if you can actually believe this, worse. Much worse. It’s so bad that I simply can’t turn it off, and I’m going to crack open a beer and watch the rest of it. Actual line spoken just now: “I have a monkey landing here in one hour.” AND OH MY… The “monkey?” It’s Micky Dolenz. You know, from the Monkees? Wow.
– In other news, if you haven’t checked out Steelers Lounge Podcast #35, here it is. [Us]
– And here’s Steelers Lounge Podcast #35.1, part two of our Super Bowl Preview Extravaganza. [Us, again]
– Most of the Super Bowl coverage this week from the national media has been dreadful. Hey, did you hear Ben Roethlisberger was at a dueling Piano bar? Scandalous. He was also, reportedly, singing a Billy Joel song. That, of course, doesn’t mean the coverage is all bad, just most of it. Here’s an example of the good: a profile (sort of) of Mike Tomlin. [ESPN]
– Peter King reports that Ben was looking, well, awesome during practice on Thursday. Then again, with the week Peter had it’s entirely possible that he was actually watching Byron Leftwich throw. [Peter King On Twitter]
– Super Bowl XLV preview from the guys at Football Outsiders. [Football Outsiders]
– News and notes from the Steelers media session. [Behind The Steel Curtain]
– And for your random YouTube of the day: Willie Parker with the longest touchdown run in Super Bowl history…