Anyway, we kick things off by talking about my post from Monday — Who Ya Got With the 31st Pick: Cornerback or Offensive Lineman? We consider the realities of playing in Pittsburgh, namely that a guard has a better chance of breaking into the starting lineup and contributing than a cornerback.
Tequila0341 pointed out as much in his comments on my original post. And Cobra countered by noting that the Packers, coached up by Dom Capers, started five first- or second-year players on defense. JJ, of course, has an answer for why rookies fare better in Capers’ defense than LeBeau’s.
We also spend a few minutes on Fantasy Island discussing which free agent cornerbacks we’d like to see in Pittsburgh (reasonably priced and within reason, of course.) Yappin’ starts below…
- Steelers Lounge Podcast #22: Steelers-Ravens Recap — John L. Williams
- Steelers Lounge Podcast #5: Steelers-Buccaneers Recap: We’re Livin’ in Charlie Batch’s World
- Steelers Lounge Podcast #9: Browns-Steelers Recap: Ben Survives Colt
- Steelers Lounge Podcast #15: Steelers-Bengals Recap — Thanks (for Nothing), Skippy!
- Steelers Lounge Podcast #33: Jets-Steelers Recap — Merril Hoge