This is your thread to talk about … well, whatever you want.
– (Non-Steeler related) The Pittsburgh Power won their first game on Saturday night by dominating Kurt Warner’s former team, the Iowa Barnstormers, by a 58-28 margin in front of 9,190 at Consol Energy Center. Former Cal U (PA) quarterback Kevin McCabe came off the bench in relief of injured quarterback Bernard Morris and completed 10-of-14 passes for 110 yards and three touchdowns. I used to do stringer work for the Herald-Standard out of Uniontown and would routinely cover Cal U football games, including the year McCabe was there. He dominated the D-II level and it appears he can handle himself at the Arena Level as well. Good for him. [Pittsburgh Power]
– We received our invoice for our 2011 Steelers tickets this week. Not too pleased that they’re still expecting their money right now even though there’s no guarantee there will be football — or a full season — this year due to, as Jason Whitlock put it, spoiled rich kids fighting with their parents. From what I understand the Giants are the only team not asking for their money until this nonsense gets settled. Good for the Giants. Bad for everybody else.
– You can read up on Ted’s latest Mock Draft right here if you haven’t already done so. [Us]
– A couple pre-draft visits have been lined up, including California defensive lineman Cameron Jordan (looks to project as a defensive end in the 3-4), Eastern Washington running back Taiwan Jones and Citadel cornerback Cortez Allen. According to Dale Lolley, Jordan and Allen could be mid-late first-rounders. [NFL From The Sidelines]
– If the Mike Pouncey bandwagon didn’t already have all of the momentum of a runaway freight train, it surely does now. He apparently dominated Florida’s Pro Day. He probably won’t be available at pick No. 31. [NFL.com]
– And for some random YouTube action: Louis Lipps…