This is your thread to talk about … well, whatever you want.
– The only topic of the NFL offseason is, of course, the ongoing labor dispute. The deadline for a new deal was originally March 3, but that has been pushed back on two separate occasions: a brief one-day delay, and then finally a longer seven-day cushion. And we wait. And wait and wait and wait and wait.
– To help satisfy my thirst for football of any kind I actually bought tickets to the first Pittsburgh Power game (that’s Arena Football) this upcoming Friday. It’s actually a family event, so that’s cool. I’m going in with an open mind, but mainly looking for the entertainment value (it’s supposed to be a lot of fun in person). And, hey, what else am I going to do on a Friday night? A quick look at the roster and you’ll find former Chicago Bears kicker Paul Edinger, former Penn State quarterback Anthony Morelli and former Pitt defensive back Josh Lay. Kevin McCabe, a record-setting quarterback at Cal U. is also on the roster.
– How would you feel about winning a Super Bowl in a lockout shortened season? I would welcome it, thank you very much. [Behind The Steel Curtain]
– That is, of course, assuming there is a Super Bowl. Could the NFL really shut down like the NHL and MLB? [Post-Gazette]
– Hines Ward’s Dancing With The Stars partner is … kind of hot. [Mondesi's House]
– And for your YouTube action (and speaking of dancing): Lynn Swann took ballet during his playing career, and he also jumped over cars (and yes, we’ve used this before). I thought about this video when Blake Griffin won the NBA’s Slam Dunk competition (which is now a bigger farce than ever) by jumping over a car. It’s one thing to do that in a scripted exhibition, but it’s something else entirely to do it during a game while trying to catch a pass with a defensive back chasing you down.