This is your thread to talk about … well, whatever you want.
– The Pittsburgh Power dropped to 2-2 on Saturday night in a blowout loss to the Tulsa Talons. It was Tulsa’s first win of the season and Power quarterbacks (and local guys) Kevin McCabe and Anthony Morelli struggled mightily. After playing in front of 14,000 in the home opener, attendance has settled in around the 9,000 mark, which isn’t terrible. Honestly, it’s better than I expected at this point. I still think too many seats are overpriced, but supply and demand will eventually take care of that. Hopefully. [Post-Gazette]
– You might remember Darnell Stapleton as an undrafted free agent out of Rutgers that ended up starting on the Steelers offensive line in Super Bowl XLIII. Maybe you were wondering what he’s up to these days. Turns out, he’s coaching women’s football. [New York Times]
– If you haven’t done so already, you should listen to Ryan and I spend 35 minutes talking about as much as we can possibly talk about with nothing to really talk about. [US! Steelers Lounge Podcast #41]
– I joined Twitter a couple of months ago and never really used it. I’m going to start using it now, at least more than I was, so you should follow me. I need more followers, and, frankly, people need more access to my opinions and thoughts. And while you’re at it, you should follow Steelers Lounge on Twitter. You should also like us on Facebook. [Me on Twitter]
– Taking a look at Troy Polamalu’s 2010 season. [Nick Pick, Cowher]
– And for your random YouTube: For whatever reason there’s been a sudden increase in the number of Dwight Stone videos on YouTube. This can only be a good thing.