We’re back for another podcast and, yes, we’re still talking hypothetical predraft scenarios! (For the love of all that’s holy, please, NFL and the outfit formerly known as the players union, get a deal done. The monotony is killing me.)
In the meantime, we talk about the lopsided results in Gretz’s latest Generational Grudge Match: Deebo vs. Lloyd, and we preview the upcoming Big Ben vs. Terry Bradshaw matchup.
And because there isn’t any actual football ongoing, we hop in the Steelers Lounge Time Machine and wonder what the Steelers would now look like if they had drafted Chad Pennington in 2000 instead of Plaxico Burress (and Gretz wrote about it here).
Finally, we turn to the 2011 Draft, which is now two weeks away. JJ kinda-sorta makes a case for Danny Watkins at 1.31, and we discussed what Pittsburgh should do if there aren’t any first-round talents still on the board at the bottom of the round.
Gum-smackin’ starts below…
Just a heads-up: the audio quality isn’t great this episode — JJ was traveling for work and we did the podcast while he drove down the backroads of North Carolina. But, hey, you folks want podcasts, so we battled through it. You’re welcome.
- Steelers Lounge Podcast #41: It’s the Offseason, Part V — Lee Flowers
- Steelers Lounge Podcast #38: It’s the Offseason, Part II — Sidney Thornton
- Steelers Lounge Podcast #40: It’s the Offseason, Part IIII — Myron Bell
- Steelers Lounge Podcast #39: It’s the Offseason, Part III — Willie Parker
- Steelers Lounge Podcast #37: It’s the Offseason — Carnell Lake