Hey, the draft’s in a week. And I still have no idea who the Steelers will take 31st overall or, hell, who I think they should take. Depending on the day, it’s either cornerback or offensive tackle (today: cornerback).
But we podcast on. Because we must.
We start with Troy Polamalu because it’s episode No. 43 and Troy just celebrated his 30th birthday. Is he now on the downside of a hall of fame career? And where does he rank on the all-time Steelers greats list?
(Homework: before you listen, feel free to rank these three players: Troy Polamalu, Hines Ward, Rod Woodson. More homework: what’s your all-time favorite Polamalu play? We discuss both topics on the podcast.)
The conversation then turns to the newly released schedule, particularly the first game of the season (in Baltimore), the Week 11 bye week (good or bad?), and the final five games of the season (as ELSM pointed out in the comments, from this vantage point it looks quite palatable).
Finally, we chat about the draft and the Groundhog Day scenario we can’t quit: OL or CB, CB or OL. And for the Aaron Williams fans out there (and I’m kinda-sorta in that camp but not married to the pick), JJ breaks out the “You know, Williams reminds me of Chad Scott” scouting report. That’s a couple notches worse than the soft bigotry of low expectations.
Anyway, it’s a fun episode. Yapping starts promptly…
- Steelers Lounge Podcast #41: It’s the Offseason, Part V — Lee Flowers
- Steelers Lounge Podcast #42: It’s the Offseason, Part VI — Dick Hoak
- Steelers Lounge Podcast #38: It’s the Offseason, Part II — Sidney Thornton
- Steelers Lounge Podcast #40: It’s the Offseason, Part IIII — Myron Bell
- Steelers Lounge Podcast #39: It’s the Offseason, Part III — Willie Parker