This is your thread to talk about … well, whatever you want.
– Will this be the week the NFL lockout finally comes to an end? Reports say it’s as close as it’s ever been and we’re about ready to end this nonsense. Other reports say there’s still large details holding it up. Other reports say the players are making a last-second power play. Other reports say nothing can derail the talks now. Other reports say Logan Mankins (really?!) might hold it up so he can become a free agent. Other reports … ah, hell. Just tell me when football is back. REPORTS! Reports, reports, reports.
– Antonio Brown was apparently calling people that gave him his phone number on Twitter over the weekend. He asked his followers to send them their numbers, and he gave them a call. Seriously. If you follow athletes on Twitter you’re likely to see a bunch of people begging them for a “retweet,” and as our colleague Matt Snyder pointed out earlier this week — on Twitter, of course — getting an athlete to retweet you is like the new autograph. The times: they’ve changed. But seriously, that IS kind of cool that Brown spent his Saturday night calling random fans. [Antonio Brown on Twitter]
– The Steelers: the outlaws of the NFL. [Tribune-Review]
– I mean, there’s really nothing going on right now that isn’t about James Harrison, Hines Ward or the NFL lockout, so here’s a link to the Steelers single season rushing records: Barry Foster is still on top. [Pro Football Reference]
– And for your random YouTube: Here is Antwaan Randle El’s first NFL touchdown…