This is your thread to talk about … well, whatever you want.
– Hopefully everybody had a nice holiday weekend. Some random housekeeping stuff: Starting today I’m going to be writing about hockey over at CBS Sports Eye On Hockey, so if you’re a fan of the frozen game, feel free to stop on over. Bookmark it, too. Oh, and Ryan writes over there at Eye On Football as well. So check him out, too. Do it!
– The Pittsburgh Power let a huge lead slip away in the fourth quarter on Saturday, losing in Orlando. They’re a game behind first place Cleveland with three games to play (including one game in Cleveland). [Pittsburgh Power]
– Non-Football: But, um, is anybody paying attention to the Pirates? Entering Tuesday three games over .500 and 1.5 games out of first place. Crazy.
– The NFL Network finished its top 100 players of 2011 countdown over the weekend, and Troy Polamalu came in at No. 6 … one spot behind Ed Reed. Peyton Manning and Tom Brady were second and first, respectively. I have no issue with Tom Brady taking the top spot as he really is one of the finest players I’ve ever seen. [Pro Football Talk]
– Maybe you missed it, but the city of Pittsburgh had a rally to celebrate Hines Ward winning Dancing With The Stars. There’s really nothing else to add. [Steelers]
– The second part of Steelers.com 2010 season in review. [Steelers]
– And for your random YouTube: here is William Gay’s AFC Championship game touchdown…