We suppose it only makes sense that we’d dedicate this podcast to J. Peezy, who probably played one of the best games of his career against the Colts during that January 2006 AFC Divisional get-together.
Thing is, we coulda used him Sunday night, too. And I don’t mean as a rush linebacker, I’m thinking more like letting him play left tackle. Whatever, as Mike Tomlin is fond of saying: style points don’t matter. And that’s a good thing because if they did the Steelers would’ve lost points based on Jonathan Scott’s unique back-to-the-rusher blocking style whenever Dwight Freeney busted out that spin move.
So no, it wasn’t pretty, and yes, the Steelers absolutely have to quit gifting opponents points dumb turnovers, but they’re 2-1. Hey, we can’t all be the Lions and the Bills.
Okay, talking starts now…
- Steelers Lounge Podcast #52: Ravens Recap — Mike Webster
- Steelers Lounge Podcast #54: Seahawks Recap — Hardy Nickerson
- Steelers Lounge Podcast #50: Falcons Recap — David Little
- Steelers Lounge Podcast #22: Steelers-Ravens Recap — John L. Williams
- Steelers Lounge Podcast #49: Eagles Recap — Dwayne Woodruff