I’m not saying they’re going to do it, or that the chances of it happening are even very high, but the Steelers are still in this thing. Even more, Thursday’s game in Baltimore is actually kind of huge. Perhaps even the biggest game ever between two 5-6 teams.
After starting the season 0-4, just having a chance is way more than I expected at this point. Going on a 5-2 run over the past seven games sure does change things. The offense, especially with the recent addition of the no-huddle, looks competent. The defense is forcing turnovers.
THINGS ARE LOOKING BETTER!
Just a few quick thoughts on Monday afternoon at the start of a short week.
– William Gay has been playing really good football this season and played perhaps his best game as a pro on Sunday when it comes to making splash plays (though, he did get away with one on that sack/forced fumble play. No idea how that’s not a penalty).
– Cameron Heyward is turning into quite a player.
– What’s happened to Jason Worilds over the past four weeks, and especially the past two? He’s not only looked like an NFL player, he’s looked like a force on the pass rush. He’s been all over the quarterback in recent weeks and has been credited with 10 quarterback hits in just the past two weeks. I mentioned this to Ryan shortly after Sunday’s game and he simply responded by saying that ever since Worilds was moved to the left side he’s been a terror. Maybe when he’s playing the left side and he’s actually healthy he can be a useful player. It’s just a shame it didn’t happen until he’s due to become a free agent. He’s like the Keenan Lewis of linebackers.
– Antonio Brown is starting to make a believer out of me with all of these big plays. I didn’t think he had it in him.
– Seriously, let’s just keep running this no-huddle and see where it takes them.